Comedian, Comedy Writer, NLP Trainer
Type of expert: Broadcasting and entertainmentAreas of expertise: Celebrity, Comedy, Psychology
Comedian, stand up comedian and comedy writer Richard Lindesay lives in England and was born and brought up in New Zealand. Richard started performing comedy in 2013 in Australia, and has since performed in New Zealand, Europe, and the UK. His act is comprised of quirky yet accessible jokes and short stories, and also includes visual elements and a flute. His style has been described as a hybrid of Demetri Martin and Milton Jones.
Richard has written and produced comedy festival shows including Nerds Words and a Clipboard at the Sydney Fringe, and Fools Suffering Gladly which was performed at the New Zealand Comedy Festival and the Museum of Comedy in London. Upcoming UK shows for 2018 are International Joke-Off at the Leicester Comedy Festival, and Richard Lies Here at the Merthyr Comedy Festival.
Richard’s comedy club appearances include Comedy Store and Happy Endings Comedy Club in Australia, The Classic in New Zealand, and Angel Comedy, Hot Water Comedy Club, Mirth Control, Eminent Banter and Funhouse Comedy in the UK.
In his first year of comedy, Richard was a finalist in the Australian comedy competition Quest for the Best, and the following year was a semi-finalist in the Leicester Square New Comedian competition in the UK.
Richard is also a professional comedy writer, and has written for stand-up comedians, corporate keynote speakers, and advertising and social media companies.
Corporate and Training
Comedian and comedy writer from New Zealand. Richard also teaches corporate executives how to communicate more effectively using the skills of comedy as he is an NLP practitioner and trainer in relation to using humour. He provides public training and one to one mentoring to comedy writers and performers, teaching how to add humour to stand-up comedy and public speaking using NLP and his own Metaphors of Comedy approach.
Richard has a longstanding corporate background so has a strong understanding of corporate culture and sensibilities. His work has involved consulting with executive teams, and presenting to and training large groups.
• ‘Richard is a comedy wunderkind!’ – Tim Ferguson, Doug Anthony All Stars, and Writer/Director of “Spin Out”
• ‘A barrage of great gags, displaying a high level of wit and wordplay’ – Oliver Smith ‘Speakeasy’ New Zealand
• ‘Lindesay is a one-liner machine’ – Tim George ‘Theatrescene’ New Zealand
• ‘Richard Lindesay provided witty one-liners, cracking jokes and comical stories. And let’s not forget his awesome rendition on the flute too. Definitely added spark to this years Xmas party.’ – Laura Mercurio, Global Front Room
• ‘Thanks for helping to make yesterday’s event a great success. Your icebreaker comedy set was spot on!’ – Andrew Dingley, CTO, Westpac Bank
• “Who couldn’t love his left of centre one-liner style especially with his sweet New Zealand accent.” – Craig Annis “Star 104.5 FM” Australia
• ‘He’s surely heading for big things’ – Vienna Chuckles
• ‘Richard Lindesay will charm your socks off with his dry, brilliant one liners. A very funny man.’ – Tim Powell, Comedy Promoter
• “A rare combination of uniqueness and broad comedy appeal” – Iron Mic Comedy Clubs
• “Richard created comedic videos for my startup Evertoon. His work is creative and fast. I’m planning to work with him again.” – Niniane Wang, Founder & CEO of Evertoon
• “Richard Lindesay is not only a master of word play but of comedy in general. His understanding of the comedic form, both in terms of writing and performance are of an exceptionally high standard and he is an essential person for me to collaborate with in all avenues of my comedy career.” – Ashton Brown, New Zealand Comedian (Anxious to Meet You)
• “Richard is one of the best comedy writers I know, and he’s helped me improve my writing more than anyone else I’ve collaborated with.” – Tim Muller, New Zealand Comedian (Laugh Now Google Later)
• “Richard Lindesay, more than anyone else has really helped me become a prolific joke writer. Before I met him, I was probably only writing about 15 minutes of material a year. Thanks to his mentoring and encouragement, in the last year alone I have written about 3 hours worth of material! He has also been very helpful in providing feedback on my jokes, helping me turn those rough diamonds into A grade material.” – Scott Thompson, Australian Comedian (2 Fat 2 Levitate)
• “Richard is quick and funny! Will definitely be hiring him again.” – Penny Smidt, Wordplay Public Relations
comedian, comedy performer, comedy writer, comedian writer, comedy mentor, comedy mentoring, comedian mentor, comedian mentoring, comedy trainer, comedy training, comedian trainer, comedian training, standup comedy, standup comedian, standup comedy performer, standup comedy writer, standup comedy performer, comedy, comedy editor, jokes, joke, gags, gag, joke writer, joke writing, gag writer, gag writing, gagging up, speech writer, speech writing, speech editor, speech editing, keynote speech editor, keynote speech editing, keynote speech writer, keynote speech editing, humour, humor, humour writing, humour writer, humor writing, humor writer, humour editing, humour editor, humor editing, humor editor, social media, meme, confidence, nlp, neuro-linguistic programming, nlp practitioner, nlp master practitioner, conceptual metaphor, trainer, nlp mentor, nlp mentoring, nlp coach, nlp coaching, psychology coach, psychology coaching, performance coach, performance coaching, public speaking, public speaking phobia, stage fright, writing mentor, writing mentoring, social media writer, social media writing, edinburgh festival, edinburgh fringe, sydney fringe, sydney comedy, sydney comedian, auckland comedy, auckland comedian, New Zealand comedy festival, new zealand international comedy festival, international, new zealand comedy, australia comedy, australian comedy, comedy metaphor, comedian metaphor, comedy metaphors, corporate comedy, corperate entertainer, corporate entertainment, business comedy, business entertainer, business entertainment, corporate humour, corporate humor, business comedy, business entertainment, business entertainer, business humour, new zealand
TV comedian from New Zealand. Teach your executives how to use humour in the boardroom, NLP practioner and corporate trainer in relation to using humour.