Dr. Roberta Babb
Chartered Psychologist and Honorary Forensic Psychodynamic Psychotherapist
Type of expert: Chartered Psychologist and Honorary Forensic Psychodynamic Psychotherapist
Areas of expertise:
Broadcasting, Celebrity, Children, Expert Women, Mental Health, NHS, Parenting, Psychology
Dr Roberta Babb, BSc (Hons), MSc, DClinPsych, CPsychol CSci AFBPsS.
Highly Specialist Chartered Psychologist, Registered Clinical Psychologist, Honorary Forensic Psychodynamic Psychotherapist, and, Director of Forensics.
PR: Kerry Hopkins at Broadcast Ready, ku.oc.ydaertsacdaorbnull@yrreK or 07900 981 751
Dr Babb earned her Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and has worked in the field of psychology since 2002 and in the NHS since 2008. She has a special interest in forensic personality disorder and sexual behaviours. She has worked with criminals, members of gangs and prisoners within psychiatric, custodial and community settings. She has experience as a HCPC registered clinical psychologist in the NHS within a medium secure forensic psychiatric inpatient unit.
She can discuss coronavirus / Covid-19 and how people can work through self-isolation with more resilience and what they can do to remain positive.
Roberta specialises in the assessment and formulation of risk of violent and sexual offending, personality disorder, psychopathy, cognitive functioning and mental health difficulties. She also provides psycho-legal services for adult criminal proceedings.
Roberta has an interest in the development of personality disorders and psychopathy, as well as in understanding their functional link to an individual’s risk to offending. She also has an interest in the treatment of personality disorder, and identifying the personality characteristics and risk factors which may benefit from appropriate treatment and socially focused interventions. Dr Babb mentors psychology students and trainees from BME backgrounds through a mentoring programme organised by UCL. Legal professionals may also contact Dr. Babb regarding legal related issues.
Training, qualifications & experience
Dr Babb has a BSc (Hons) in Psychology, an MSc in Forensic Psychology and a Professional Doctorate in Clinical Psychology. Plus a postgraduate diplomas in Clinical Supervision and Consultancy and Executive Coaching and Foundations in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy. She is a member of the British Psychological Society (BPS) and Health Care Professionals Council (HCPC).
Roberta can talk on:
- Compulsive sexual behaviour – links with sexual difficulties, but the psycho-social impact
- Impostor Syndrome
- Workplace mental health
- Depression and anxiety
- Personality disorders
- Stress management
- The psycho-social impact of hidden illnesses or conditions (i.e. skin conditions Aquagenic Pruritis – an allergy to water, mental health problems, chronic pain and chronic fatigue
- Conflict resolution or management
- Having difficult conversations
- Female empowerment
- Living in a mentally healthy and constructive way in the 21st Century
- Benefits and challenges of entering therapy
- (Possibly) Issues in the NHS from a mental health service perspective
- Gangs, criminals, prisoners, criminal law
- Sexual predators like Harvey Weinstein
- Victims of crime and victims of terrorist attacks and terrorists
- Anger management
- Behavioural issues
- Family problems like step families and one parent families
- Bereavement, loss and death
- Transforming from a criminal to a successful business man
- Culture / diversity / BME issues
- Life on a council estate
- Trolling and death threats of politicians, celebrities and the public
- Sexual sex addiction
- The Tinder, hookup and FWB culture
- All mental health problems like depression, anxiety, and mental illness
- Challenges of accessing mental health services like the NHS.
- The minds of criminals
- Discussing different types of mental illnesses and personality disorders
- The effect of social media on people
- Domestic violence – female and male perpetrated and victims
- Victims of crime
- Emotional issues like anger so anger management
- Sexual difficulties
- Life on a council estate and does multiculturalism with all the world’s cultures living in one place really work in 2018
- Discrimination e.g. gender, race, age or class
- Trolling and death threats of politicians
- Identity – masculinity and femininity.
- Fashion – psychology of fashion and make-up
- Workplace mental health
Feminism, feminist, women’s rights.
Health, obesity, overweight, fat,
Empowering women, empower, empowerment,
Suicide, crazy, mental health,
NHS, private practice.
Government policy – possibly depending upon which one.
Personality and Personality DIsorder
Interviews and preparing for job applications and career.
Relationship. Single, dating, marriage, married, separated, engagement.
Group, groups, group therapy
Forensic – but not police or crime scene issues.
Unconscious, unconscious, mind, thinking, think.
Cyber sex, cyber trauma and cyber-psychology, internet behavior, internet behaviour, and Dark Web
- Slavery / slaves
Black BAME TV psychologist doctor, English born, criminal psychologist, clinical psychologist and director of forensics, psychotherapist.